Azure VD Advanced Cloud VDI Solution
Why implement a VDI solution with AZURE?
This is a new era. We work from anywhere, from any device.
This situation brings new challenges of control, management and cyber threats for those endpoints.
Physical PC in the office is no longer the ideal solution for modern work. Alternatively, working in Terminal Services upon Windows Server infrastructure does not fit certain users/populations and/or not compatible with all applications.
During recent years, a trend of VDI has emerged – virtual machines On-premise infrastructure installed at the Data Center. Adopting VDI solution contains multiple reasons:
a. Reduces the need to upgrade an outdated operating system at the Endpoint level
b. Incline level of control, security and management for the endpoints
c. Reduces dramatically effort and time spent for user support
d. Improves protection level towards cyber threats
The problem with Onpremise VDI solution is high cost both for to the infrastructure, skills, management time & complexity and knowledge required to operate such a environment.
The obvious alternative to this is to consume it as a service (PaaS) in the cloud that provides simple management and operation in the cloud. When it comes mainly to Windows 10/11 endpoints – who is more suitable for such a service if not Microsoft?
Azure Virtual Desktop Services
Azure Virtual Desktop Services is a cloud-based desktop and application virtualization service part of the Azure Market Place (PaaS).
This is a partial list of what you will get by running the Azure Virtual Desktop Services:
- Multiple deployment of virtual Windows 10/11 virtual endpoints without infrastructure limit and without downgrading user experience
- Virtualization of Microsoft O365 Apps for Enterprise and optimization to run in multi-user virtual scenarios
- Migration of existing desktops and applications in RDP / RDS per computer
- Virtualization at both the desktop and application level
- Manage desktops and Windows 10/11, Windows Server and Windows 7 applications with a unified management experience